Wednesday 15 October 2014

Researching Jazz magazines #2

To help prepare to create my music magazine I have found multiple magazines from my genre and am going to assess them on what I should do to create a successful music magazine.

My next magazine I will look at is the December 2011 issue of 'Jazz magazine'

This is a completely different front cover to the one I last researched and this one I definitely do not like and can take a lot from this magazine in which I will not use. One of these factors includes the image. I personally hate the idea behind this image. The blue hue brightening in the background looks alright, but this idea of Keith Revit unveiling himself from a red mass of hot colours with an artist's impression of him looks extremely ugly. This is partly to the fact that the hot and cold colour combination done in this style doesn't suit very well and almost looks like a battle on the page.

The black font colour done over this also looks very boring. This is because the publishers of this popular french music magazine have layered the whole page in colour and then almost decided that there is enough colour on the page. The black also doesn't fit well as there is many bright colours and instead of using a bright colour to keep the theme o brightness going, that potential theme has been invaded with this dark text.

Points I will take from looking at this cover is to try and be careful as to what colours I use. This is because of the scenario of certain colours not fitting together and therefore ruining the feeling. Another point is that if I want to set a colour theme that I must keep to it and not use any colours which do not fit within the them as this can ruin the front cover.

1 comment:

  1. I like your analysis but could you just make this font a little larger, please? It comes up on the screen rather small. I like that you are finished each post with what you like and might use.
    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete