Monday 20 October 2014

Researching Jazz magazines 4

To help prepare to create my music magazine I have found multiple magazines from my genre and am going to assess them on what I should do to create a successful music magazine.

The fourth magazine front cover I will be using for research is the July 2013 edition of Jazzwise.
One point I have noticed and can take note of is the size of the masthead. The masthead is 1/4 of the page in size and also quite loud in appearance. This is because the masthead is white and is in an Arial black style font which can be thought of as quite modern.

Something I have realised about his cover is that there is no immediate cover line. This is because out of all topic titles and lines, none are exceptionally bigger than others which gives the idea that they are all of the same importance. This gives me the note and makes me take into account that i will definitely need to have one other wise the cover lines will get mixed up and people might not know which of the cover lines is the main one.

No comments:

Post a Comment