Friday 24 October 2014

Possible targets for subjects and Famous artists

I have just done some research of the most famous artists in the Jazz genre and was surprised to find a lot were in the past and not many going now. Some of the most significant ones I saw which could be targets for the magazine are:

  • Marcus Miller
  • Wynton Marsalis
  • Herbie Hancock
  • Sonny Rollins
  • Louis Armstrong
  • Pat Metheny
  • Keith Jarrett
  • George Benson
These all have something in common which can hinder the use of the artists stated. That flaw is that they are all in the past and will be extremely old with the youngest being in his 50's. One way I can counter this issue is to use these in some quantities and after using some of these, I shall look in the local area to try and find local jazz players which are fairly young. If this can be done, then I will use them and do an interview with them. This will help as it can give me ideas for a Double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment