Friday 3 October 2014

Evaluation of the front cover

After reflecting on my front cover I have realised there are some things in which were not so great and that there was a lot of things in which I enjoyed and looks appealing.
First of all, I like the front style I have used as I feel it suits the theme well. It is easy to read while at the same time being modern. "Apple Casual" therefore was a good font in my opinion.

On the bottom of the page, I had drafted to put three stories on the page but during the design and  layout period, I found out that I could only do that if I put the cover stories to an impractically small size. I altered this by putting two at the bottom and putting the third on the right hand side. This didn't look that right so in the future I'm going to improve by only using two cover stories, instead of three.
On the flip side, I though the layout of the cover stories on the bottom and the title at the top was a very tidy and organised idea. When I make the music magazine cover, I am going to use this layout as I feel this is an appropriate layout.

The colour scheme for me so far, has worked and I like it. I feel it really symbolises the college well as both schools which the college is made up of have all four colours related to them. These colours are black, white, blue and yellow. Using the blue on the title I fell was a good choice as it fits really well on the black background. I could improve on how I applied them by including the white as the description to the cover stories.

My image I used for the background which was of one of my friends, I did not like how I photoshopped the eyes to look a bit better. This is because I accidentally made it so the iris was completely one shade of blue and it didn't look good at all. How the white was done I feel was quite good but it did look a little over done. I could improve how the photo by making the photoshop a lot better. The only way I can do this is to practise my photoshop skills by altering multiple photos over and over until I do it really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment